Wuau, what a morning. Sony has announced a new Sony a7RIII, FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS and 400mm f2.8 today. See the image videoes from Sony here as well.
Lets start with the a7RIII…
Most importent: Better 15 stops dyamic range!!, much better battery performance, better AF, touchscreen/touch AF, Pixelshifting (see video below), HLG, Dual SD slot and USB 3.1
- 35mm Full-Frame 42.4 MP Back-Illuminated Exmor R™ CMOS Image Sensor with Evolved Image Processing
- Continuous Shooting at up to 10 fps with either Silent Shooting or Mechanical Shutter and full Auto Focus/Auto Exposure tracking
- 399 phase-detection AF points covering 68% of image area, 425 contrast AF points and approximately 2 times more effective Eye AF
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilization with a 5.5 step shutter speed advantage
- High Resolution 4K Movie Shooting with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
- A new HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) supporting Instant HDR workflow.
- Full HD at 120 fps at up to 100 Mbps (a7RII was 50mbps)
- Multi-selector or ‘joystick’ for moving focusing points quickly AND flexible touch focus functionality
- Completely redesigned for professionals, including upgraded Auto Focus, Dual SD Card Slots, Extended Battery Life, SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 1) USB Type-C™ Terminal
- Price: 3200 USD
FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS Standard Zoom
New full-frame lens covers the commonly used 24 to 105mm focal length range, delivering outstanding G Lens™ imaging performance with the most lightweight design in its class, maximising its versatility and usability. Therefore, the FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS can be used for versatile shooting including landscapes, portraits, weddings and more. This lens also features fast, precise and quiet autofocus capabilities in both still and video shooting, making it an ideal complement for Sony’s extensive line-up of E-mount cameras.
The lens also has Sony’s original Nano AR coating to minimise flare and ghosting, and utilises a circular aperture to ensure it delivers high quality bokeh that is consistent for all Sony’s G series.
Price: 1300 USD (november)
Sony today announced the development of the long-awaited FE 400mm F2.8 GM OSS Super-Telephoto lens, with a target launch date in Summer 2018.
The new lens will feature the incredible high-resolution and spectacular beautiful bokeh of Sony’s acclaimed line of flagship G Master™ series lenses, while also offering a far-reaching 400mm focal length and F2.8 large aperture. This combination will deliver a new elevated shooting experience for all professional sports, news and wildlife photographers looking to capture all of the decisive moments with higher image quality.
Sony will continue to evolve their lens line-up in order to meet the demands of all types of photographers, videographers and multi-media creators, with many different offerings to maximise the power of the innovative α™ camera line-up.
Additional details and specifications on the new FE 400mm F2.8 GM OSS Super-Telephoto Lens will be released at a later date.